Boosts during server events

Troep

The droprate boosts during weekend server events deserve a serious buff.

A 5%-15% boost for a few hours has little to no impact on the items that will come into the game during that event. 

There are ironman going for nightmare items and it takes almost as long as it does on osrs to get the drops.

When there’s a 5% cox boost active there is almost zero extra incentive to start raiding.

The buffs are shortlived, rotate every weekend and should be buffed considerably. A 100% droprate increase at nightmare for a few hours would actually be an event worth doing - last 3-4 nightmare events there where ZERO drops.

Cox should at least be 50%, or remove the lowest 3-4 items in value from the drop table for a few hours.

It does not have to be every weekend, but seeing an announced ‘5% cox boost is now active’ after a whole week of nothing is just.. 

I haven't really done any nightmare/tob so I don't really know how they are. But iirc nightmare takes a while to kill and can be tedious to grind. I'd be fine with upping the boost to say 20-25%. For the CoX boost I'm fine with increasing the boost to like 10-15% or even 20% as long as its not that high during masses, I do think enough uniques are dropped there as it is. 

c4e48e3b3b5784ed0c6d2afc842c69d4.png

3 minutes ago, Lasanyer said:

I haven't really done any nightmare/tob so I don't really know how they are. But iirc nightmare takes a while to kill and can be tedious to grind. I'd be fine with upping the boost to say 20-25%. For the CoX boost I'm fine with increasing the boost to like 10-15% or even 20% as long as its not that high during masses, I do think enough uniques are dropped there as it is. 

4 minutes ago, Lasanyer said:

20-25& nightmare is still too low to be fair! Kills are slow, droprates are rare, event is max a few hours per week. 100% may seem like a lot but imo it’s actually not. 50% would be acceptable.

We all experience the complaints in yell after boosts are announced. While most comlaining and nagging is normal, for this matter I am also feeling a little let down.

let’s hope this gets some traction!

25 minutes ago, Lasanyer said:

Events last for 4-5 hours (sometimes less since you only activate it around 21-22h server time for some reason).

A normal raid takes 30 minutes on average to complete.

If you're trying really hard to get raids in those 4-5 hours, you'll get 6-8 raids to use the boost.

In those 6-8 raids, you have a 5% POINT BOOST. On average you get around 36k-40k points on a normal raid. With the boost you get around 42k-43k. THAT'S NOT EVEN AN EXTRA 1% CHANCE TO GET A DROP.

We get these every 2 weeks. You think it's fine? You think people play a private server to go 50+ dry, when on OSRS 50+ is considered dry?

50-70% point boost would be something, but even then it wouldn't be enough since yall boost points instead of actual drop chance.

34 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Because I disagree with your statement: 'they just don't give a shit'.

I agree that 5% is too little, and as a member of the events team, I will use this suggestion to start a discussion on this topic.

It's true, you don't. I keep asking about ANY UPDATE, and all you say is "waiting on a new revision won't take long". You've been saying that since last month.

If you did care about how the community feels playing the game, you'd do something about it, instead of having the same old shit events that makes no one login. There's countless topic with actual good suggestions that you guys seem to ignore, since nothing makes the cut.

I understand that working on a server with 150 players is pointless, but you made this with the shit decisions you took every update, instead of listening to the community.

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Kami said:

It's true, you don't. I keep asking about ANY UPDATE, and all you say is "waiting on a new revision won't take long". You've been saying that since last month.

The moderators do not have any more information than players do about when new updates go live.

1 hour ago, Troep said:

The droprate boosts during weekend server events deserve a serious buff.

A 5%-15% boost for a few hours has little to no impact on the items that will come into the game during that event. 

There are ironman going for nightmare items and it takes almost as long as it does on osrs to get the drops.

When there’s a 5% cox boost active there is almost zero extra incentive to start raiding.

The buffs are shortlived, rotate every weekend and should be buffed considerably. A 100% droprate increase at nightmare for a few hours would actually be an event worth doing - last 3-4 nightmare events there where ZERO drops.

Cox should at least be 50%, or remove the lowest 3-4 items in value from the drop table for a few hours.

It does not have to be every weekend, but seeing an announced ‘5% cox boost is now active’ after a whole week of nothing is just.. 

For the 5-15% boosts, I haven't done many that low in a while, usually only during midweek spontaneous events.

Nightmare even with a huge boosts doesn't net many items with how the drop table is, had it at 40% for 4-5 hours a month or two ago and we had 1 drop, just a huge rng boss.

5% cox never happens on purpose, happened last weekend by accident because it saved the 5% from when it was enabled midweek for a few masses, after I realized it was set to 5% a few hours later I changed it to 20% and left it on for another 6 hours.

Raids will probably never be set to 50%, tob set to 50% makes items approx 1/2-1/2.5 and like 1/5 from cox, events are supposed to help boost things a bit to spice it up/speed up grinds, most I can see us realistically making is 20-25 and maybe up to 30 if we don't have masses scheduled.

And your last point of 5% cox, I'll try not to make that mistake again.

Edited by Konar

36 minutes ago, Troep said:

We all experience the complaints in yell after boosts are announced. While most comlaining and nagging is normal, for this matter I am also feeling a little let down.

let’s hope this gets some traction!

Hopefully we can find a solution that works for everyone. Kudos to you for bringing this up, lets see where it goes 😄

c4e48e3b3b5784ed0c6d2afc842c69d4.png

1 minute ago, Hope said:

The moderators do not have any more information than players do about when new updates go live.

Then give some feedback to the community? It's been ~50 days since the last update, and we didn't even get a fix on DKS. It's just pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Konar said:

For the 5-15% boosts, I haven't done many that low in a while, usually only during midweek spontaneous events.

Nightmare even with a huge boosts doesn't net many items with how the drop table is, had it at 40% for 4-5 hours a month or two ago and we had 1 drop, just a huge rng boss.

5% cox never happens on purpose, happened last weekend by accident because it saved the 5% from when it was enabled midweek for a few masses, after I realized it was set to 5% a few hours later I changed it to 20% and left it on for another 6 hours.

Raids will probably never be set to 50%, tob set to 50% makes items approx 1/2-1/2.5 and like 1/5 from cox, events are supposed to help boost things a bit to spice it up/speed up grinds, most I can see us realistically making is 20-25 and maybe up to 30 if we don't have masses scheduled.

And your last point of 5% cox, I'll try not to make that mistake again.

You legit don't do any PVming. ITEMS DON'T DROP. Boosting points by 20% is nothing, that's the same as giving 2% extra chance? Why bother making a event?

We're talking about events that last for 4-5h. Not everyone is on at that time, and some people (like me) just don't bother logging in becouse it's not worth it. You get ~6 shots at the boost on TOB/COX, fucking boost it for real so we have an actual increased chance of getting something. IT'S ONCE EVERY 2 WEEKS.

1 minute ago, Kami said:

You legit don't do any PVming. ITEMS DON'T DROP. Boosting points by 20% is nothing, that's the same as giving 2% extra chance? Why bother making a event?

We're talking about events that last for 4-5h. Not everyone is on at that time, and some people (like me) just don't bother logging in becouse it's not worth it. You get ~6 shots at the boost on TOB/COX, fucking boost it for real so we have an actual increased chance of getting something. IT'S ONCE EVERY 2 WEEKS.

Pretty sure a 20% boost is a 20% boost, not sure how you're getting 2% from 20%

4 minutes ago, Konar said:

Pretty sure a 20% boost is a 20% boost, not sure how you're getting 2% from 20%

You don't even know how the boost works. You're boosting the points you get during a raid. It depends on the raid, but at the end you get around 7k-10k more points than normal. That's 2% more chance of getting an item.

I'll make it easy for you: 4,770 points per 1% chance.

Normal raid: 37k-40k points = 6%-8% chance of getting a drop (low as fuck as it is for a private server btw)

Boosted raid (20%): 42k-46k points = 8.5%-9% chance of getting a drop.

I don't see any difference.

Edited by Kami

Just now, Kami said:

You don't even know how the boost works. You're boosting the points you get during a raid. It depends on the raid, but at the end you get around 7k-10k more points than normal. That's 2% more chance of getting an item.

If we're going off cox boost yeah, it's only a few % extra, most if not all other boosts have the actual huge boost in rates

• Developer
4 minutes ago, Kami said:

Then give some feedback to the community? It's been ~50 days since the last update, and we didn't even get a fix on DKS. It's just pathetic.

Update is in testing and will be nearing completion soon. DK ring fix will also be in the update.

3 minutes ago, Konar said:

If we're going off cox boost yeah, it's only a few % extra, most if not all other boosts have the actual huge boost in rates

By most you mean Nightmare? Yeah, every single time there's an event, nothing drops.

TOB doesn't drop.

COX doesn't drop.

That's all you do. With the current boosts, don't even bother logging in to activate them, it doesn't make a difference. If this is the mentality you wanna hold on to, there's no saving this shit. Myself and all the other people trying to help you guys are just losing their time, straight up.

Every week there's complaints. if you cared AT ALL, you'd do something about it.

• Developer
Just now, Kami said:

SOON. I heard that last month. I just don't get why wouldn't you fix shit that's legit broken asap. Can you only update once every 2 months?

We often update in case of severe bugs as seen in the past however I do admit DK rings could have been resolved sooner so I apologize for that. We push a full update whenever we (and the testers) feel it's ready. They are very large and require lots of thought and testing.

As for the upcoming update, we do have a time frame in mind already but we do not tell moderators/players until we are 100% sure the date can be reached. It will be soon.

2 minutes ago, Hope said:

We often update in case of severe bugs as seen in the past however I do admit DK rings could have been resolved sooner so I apologize for that. We push a full update whenever we (and the testers) feel it's ready. They are very large and require lots of thought and testing.

As for the upcoming update, we do have a time frame in mind already but we do not tell moderators/players until we are 100% sure the date can be reached. It will be soon.

I don't know what to say no more. I'll be here next month to ask once again. GL.

Also, quit deleting my comments please.

Edited by Kami

7 minutes ago, Kami said:

By most you mean Nightmare? Yeah, every single time there's an event, nothing drops.

TOB doesn't drop.

COX doesn't drop.

That's all you do. With the current boosts, don't even bother logging in to activate them, it doesn't make a difference. If this is the mentality you wanna hold on to, there's no saving this shit. Myself and all the other people trying to help you guys are just losing their time, straight up.

Every week there's complaints. if you cared AT ALL, you'd do something about it.

I mean, we're not obligated to host events, we do the events because we care, tob drop rates with a 50% boost would be literally a 50% drop rate on a purple for the team, if that's not spoonfed enough I don't know what is, nightmare is just a huge rng boss, most people do it in masses where the drop rates get higher the more people there are in the room also.

Just now, Konar said:

I mean, we're not obligated to host events, we do the events because we care, tob drop rates with a 50% boost would be literally a 50% drop rate on a purple for the team, if that's not spoonfed enough I don't know what is, nightmare is just a huge rng boss, most people do it in masses where the drop rates get higher the more people there are in the room also.

It feels like an obligation at this point.

There hasn't been a Nightmare drop in weeks.

Don't boost TOB by 50% then? Why you keep on pressinbg the same button

You'll boost COX by 20% tomorrow and no one will log in to do it, cuz it means fuck all.

If you care about the community make a chance for the better and do what the players (who actually play the game) ask. It's 4 fucking hours.

4 minutes ago, Kami said:

It feels like an obligation at this point.

There hasn't been a Nightmare drop in weeks.

Don't boost TOB by 50% then? Why you keep on pressinbg the same button

You'll boost COX by 20% tomorrow and no one will log in to do it, cuz it means fuck all.

If you care about the community make a chance for the better and do what the players (who actually play the game) ask. It's 4 fucking hours.

Nightmare is a lost cause because the items are basically best in slot so we can't make it too common, but then people don't want to do it because for the best drop rates you are REQUIRED to solo which people cba to do 3 kills an hour.

We get 70+ people in the cox masses every single time, 10+ purples a cox boost, dunno where you get the "no one will log in to do it" from, just because you want items spoonfed to you on a silver platter doesn't mean everyone thinks like you.

4 minutes ago, Konar said:

Nightmare is a lost cause because the items are basically best in slot so we can't make it too common, but then people don't want to do it because for the best drop rates you are REQUIRED to solo which people cba to do 3 kills an hour.

We get 70+ people in the cox masses every single time, 10+ purples a cox boost, dunno where you get the "no one will log in to do it" from, just because you want items spoonfed to you on a silver platter doesn't mean everyone thinks like you.

Whos talking about masses? Obv there will be items. You know why? Cuz there's a dev there rerolling until someone get's something. We would be done with the mass and no one would get shit, that's how bad it is! Masses done, count the people that stay there and continue to raid, then let me know.

It's not about me, I'm not the only one complaining. You don't play the game that why you're so clueless about wtf is happening. Im done trying to help you guys out, feels like I'm talking to a fucking door.

Did not make this thread to be hijacked by the same ‘when’s next update coming’.

All we want is more noticaeble boosts during limited weekend events.

Thinking 50% increase (on a private server) for a few hours is already asking too much I’m losing hope again already though..

• 3 weeks later...