Trading post

Tzkall-Zuk

The trading post is something unique yet looking like an outdated version of the Grand Exchange. My opinion is that the GE would suit the originality of the server better.

The main reason I am basically posting this thread is that we need to focus on whats going on in trading post currently.

There are heaps of high tier/skilling items and whatnot with inaccurate prices which are currently sleeping in the post for thousands of hours without them being touched/sold. This is definitely unnecessary. We need a trading post cleanser like this; Items which dont sell for a period of 168 hours (1 full week) should be returned to players bank accounts, or the offer being put in abort status if their banks are full. This would accurately freshen up the prices of items every now and then.

Another problem I find with trading post is that players are constantly undercutting one another every couple of minutes just to get rid of their items. A system like grand exchange where items sit at certain prices of which they are actually been actively traded for, either a few % lower or higher of the street value depending on demand and supply. The street value should be changing every 24 hours either going up or down by a small percentage finding its balance of inbetween sell and buy offers. Not sure if its possible or easy to add this system, its probably an automated log system where it tracks all sales. Would be nice for the stability in prices of most items.

Edited by Tzkall-Zuk

• Developer
On 10/15/2021 at 7:48 PM, Tzkall-Zuk said:

The trading post is something unique yet looking like an outdated version of the Grand Exchange. My opinion is that the GE would suit the originality of the server better.

The main reason I am basically posting this thread is that we need to focus on whats going on in trading post currently.

There are heaps of high tier/skilling items and whatnot with inaccurate prices which are currently sleeping in the post for thousands of hours without them being touched/sold. This is definitely unnecessary. We need a trading post cleanser like this; Items which dont sell for a period of 168 hours (1 full week) should be returned to players bank accounts, or the offer being put in abort status if their banks are full. This would accurately freshen up the prices of items every now and then.

Another problem I find with trading post is that players are constantly undercutting one another every couple of minutes just to get rid of their items. A system like grand exchange where items sit at certain prices of which they are actually been actively traded for, either a few % lower or higher of the street value depending on demand and supply. The street value should be changing every 24 hours either going up or down by a small percentage finding its balance of inbetween sell and buy offers. Not sure if its possible or easy to add this system, its probably an automated log system where it tracks all sales. Would be nice for the stability in prices of most items.

Hi, we are currently working on something to calculate average prices. This will give users a good idea of how much an item is really worth. A sell offer timeout might also come in the near future.

As for the GE, we purposely do not have the same system OSRS uses as theirs is built for an enormous bustling economy. Having buy offers on our small playerbase would severely hurt. Sell offers and viewing individual listings ensures a much more tight-knit feeling in the community, similar to how regular trading would.

• 3 weeks later...

I will add to this by saying the elites are the main reason for the rapid decline of the server. Regardless of the suggested price for example blowpipe 50m , they will buy all blowpipes hitting the tp and then re-list for 100m .. what makes it worse is the borderline scamming new players by consistently low balling them. I appreciate your feedback but you have to understand it's only a very minor portion of the player base ruining a majority of the eoc, I purpose a merchanting limit for example you cannot resell and item for 5m more than what you paid , some might complain well I bought it for 50 and now it's worth 75... Oh well you still made a profit, it's the only legit way of fixing eoc as a small player base has ezz 20-30b and will always control the prices, this rsps has quickly turned into p2p and the dollar amount is just not valid. For example a sythe would run 500-600$ irl money and that's just insane in the aspect of this being a private server with no guarantees of it still operating a year from now 

Edited by Homiedoowhop

On 10/20/2021 at 12:50 PM, Hope said:

Hi, we are currently working on something to calculate average prices. This will give users a good idea of how much an item is really worth. A sell offer timeout might also come in the near future.

As for the GE, we purposely do not have the same system OSRS uses as theirs is built for an enormous bustling economy. Having buy offers on our small playerbase would severely hurt. Sell offers and viewing individual listings ensures a much more tight-knit feeling in the community, similar to how regular trading would.

I do think the average price will still be easily manipulated since you can pretty much sit and buy bps for 1b ea to drive the price up anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

Players set the prices. its all about what someone is willing to pay. If and item is out of reach because you think its too expensive, it isnt. You just need to save up more to buy it. Money is much easier to get here then osrs so the prices being higher makes complete sense. Having a cap on the profit you can make from an item is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I also don't agree that this server is p2p in anyway at all.  I haven't spent a penny out of pocket on this game yet have 3 donor accounts and net over a billion just by playing the game. All these suggestions seem to be heavily weighted on rewarding new players and punishing long term ones. Whales can buy out entire markets and set the price because they have earned the ability to do so after many many hours of grinding and saving capital. I think the current system is perfectly fine and the server will continue to balance out as the player base becomes more stable with consistent players. Its already easy enough to make money and save up and buy what you want. Just because it isn't happening as quickly as you would like doesn't mean the system needs to change. It just means you need to play and save more.