Gauntlet Fixes/Suggestions

Hard

After grinding thousands of runs, I feel like these changes would make the overall experience on the Gauntlet a lot better.

Gauntlet (especially Corrupted Gauntlet).

The main issue here is the amount of runs we have to forfeit due to the lack of time to gather resources. The time is fine, but making some changes to the drops would help with time management and overall experience on the Gauntlet:

• Increase the amount of shards dropped by monsters;
  • Guarantee shards when gathering resources;
  • Increase the amount of resources spawned;
  • Corrupted Bear should instantly drop loot as the other demi-bosses;
  • Increase the stats on the Staff to have more accuracy.

If these changes are not possible, please consider the following:

• Decrease the amount of shards required to create the emergency teleporting crystal;
  • Decrease the amount of shards required to create the teleport crystal inside Gauntlet;
  • Increase the timer by 1 minute.

7 minutes ago, Iron Living said:

I disagree. I've done 230 corrupted so far and almost never had to forfeit.

I believe it's fine as it is.

I don't believe you, at all. Unless you're going in with no armour or tier 1.

I've asked people I've seen around Gauntlet and almost all of them say it could be better with what I suggested.

It could be better yes, but after some practice I maybe had like one forfeit in 30 tries? 

And yes I went t1 armour, 2 t3 weapons.

Gauntlet is just about practice and effeciency. It shouldnt get easier since there already is an easier mode.

47 minutes ago, Iron Living said:

It could be better yes, but after some practice I maybe had like one forfeit in 30 tries? 

Gauntlet is just about practice and effeciency. It shouldnt get easier since there already is an easier mode.

It definitely is not as good as you say it is. I've done over 300 corrupted gauntlet on OSRS and Treasure has made all valid points which require changes. It's not about making it "easier", it's about making it more accurate.

I will provide a side by side comparison of tornadoes on Zaros compared to OSRS which I will post here.

Edited by TzKal Zuk

46 minutes ago, Iron Living said:

I'm not saying it's not easy. T1 armour isn't good enough for hardcores or non-experienced people to feel "safe".

Thankfully we're playing a server that can adjust and make things easier in terms of quality of life for content. I bet you more people would try out and enjoy Gauntlet if it was more friendly towards less skilled and new players.

Just becouse something is good, doesn't mean it can't be better.

Just now, Treasure said:

I'm not saying it's not easy. T1 armour isn't good enough for hardcores or non-experienced people to feel "safe".

Thankfully we're playing a server that can adjust and make things easier in terms of quality of life for content. I bet you more people would try out and enjoy Gauntlet if it was more friendly towards less skilled and new players.

Just becouse something is good, doesn't mean it can't be better.

About T2 armour too, I was doing it on OSRS on my ironman with worse stats than what I have on Zaros but easily get the amount of resources required. On the other hand, can't say the same about Zaros, which again points towards the lack of resources and shards.

• Developer
6 hours ago, Treasure said:

After grinding thousands of runs, I feel like these changes would make the overall experience on the Gauntlet a lot better.

Gauntlet (especially Corrupted Gauntlet).

The main issue here is the amount of runs we have to forfeit due to the lack of time to gather resources. The time is fine, but making some changes to the drops would help with time management and overall experience on the Gauntlet:

• Increase the amount of shards dropped by monsters;
  • Guarantee shards when gathering resources;
  • Increase the amount of resources spawned;
  • Corrupted Bear should instantly drop loot as the other demi-bosses;
  • Increase the stats on the Staff to have more accuracy.

If these changes are not possible, please consider the following:

• Decrease the amount of shards required to create the emergency teleporting crystal;
  • Decrease the amount of shards required to create the teleport crystal inside Gauntlet;
  • Increase the timer by 1 minute.

Watched an hour long video of someone doing corrupted gauntlet on OSRS and ended up buffing a few values based on watching them (and from updated values on wiki):

• Amount of shards obtained from skilling resources buffed from 5-23 to 10-30
  • Shards obtained from tier 1 monsters buffed from 10-30 to 10-37
  • Increased maximum amount of skilling resources throughout map (note this does not guarantee more resources, it just increases the average amount of total resources)

Also fixed:

• Bear not instantly dropping loot
  • Weapon frame not properly being 100% dropped on third kill of tier 1 monster

Leaving staff unchanged for now, it has the same stats as OSRS.

Thanks for the post!

Edited by Hope

• developer logoHope locked this topic