Ancient shards meets Slayer Caskets

Lynx Iron

Hey there,

Since a lot of players are way over 99 slayer, they don't really want to spend there time bursting tasks for ancient shards, since that's not the part of endgame they are trying to get in to. I find myself and others hassling to maintain ancient shards, and I sometimes go a few tasks dry of getting a single shard in catacombs. I know that's mainly just rng, but I came up with an easy idea and QoL suggestion.

Suggestion: Add Ancient Shards as a reward to the slayer caskets. With perhaps the same rarity as slayer skip scrolls and instance tokens. This would benefit a lot of people, and it's nowhere near gamebreaking, since the shards are untradeable.

Thanks for reading!

Kind Regards,

Lynx

i quite like this post, as it would clear alot of people from camping the kourend who will out dps newer players who are grinding slayer, i do think it needs to be balanced right though, making it significantly rarer than an instance token or scroll skip. perhaps 1/100, maybe 1/125.

they should be something to grind for to nlock a situational bis item, but i can see the struggle of getting them just from catacombs. i support.

spacer.pngCEpIIfK.png

• Developer

Don't forget, non-ironmen can buy them from our store online! Also, I don't think they should be obtainable outside of the catacombs.

Edited by Hope

2 minutes ago, Hope said:

Don't forget, non-ironmen can buy them from our store online! Also, I don't think they should be obtainable outside of the catacombs.

I, for once, have to agree with hope. Stacking up the ancient shards doesnt take that long and is very afk. Theres no need to be on task to get them and you can sit there with auto retaliate and either pray or blood barrage. I also dont think this is a problem for a lot of people unless you go turbodry on zspear/cerb crystals and so on

10 minutes ago, Kee said:

I, for once, have to agree with hope. Stacking up the ancient shards doesnt take that long and is very afk. Theres no need to be on task to get them and you can sit there with auto retaliate and either pray or blood barrage. I also dont think this is a problem for a lot of people unless you go turbodry on zspear/cerb crystals and so on

Or dry at the cerb pet

2 hours ago, Kee said:

That's another thing which is technically an issue for new players. Endgame ironmen in max gear will be bursting nechs or w.e to get shards. As OP stated, you can go dry sometimes and not get one in a task or few. Now, if I'm doing this off task and I do go dry, I'd probably kill several hundred or thousand nechs or w.e just to fund charges for a few tasks for cerberus. New players are gonna go in catacombs to do their tasks only to see max end game ironmen camping the spot for shards and they may very well be there for hours. If that new player is on a Konar task, they could be locked out of doing it for several hours and when they finally go back, another ironman may have took the spot. As the game is continuously growing currently, this change is nice for existing players and a very nice QOL for newer players wanting to do their slayer task.

A really great idea in my opinion, it would save the hassle, of manually grinding em, the rate can also be rarer that skip scrolls or instance tokens. Overall, a great idea, hopefully it becomes a reality.

Perhaps instead of the ancient shards being able to be obtained from slayer caskets, maybe instance tokens can be used for baragable tasks in catacombs, for example you could use one, or more ( whatever seems fair) on the altar and it open up an interface with all the main traffic barage locations.

as a short example to list a few:

Abbysal Demons

Nechryals

Dust devils

Ankous

Now for x instance tokens (x being 1, or multiple) you can open a task long or hour instanced section of the catacombs, and this would benefit in more ways than just obtaining ancient shards, it could appeal to irons who are being heavily contested for abbysal whips, or just wanting to grind slayer without the fuss of putting up with those inconsiderate people who just wont wait for you to finish your last 20.

I have no idea if this is even possible but if it is, it could be a semi custom update that would not only help everyone in a fair manner, mains, ironmen and realists alike, but it will also give options for ironman to grind out their shards in piece. This post might get a lot of controversy for being a pretty custom idea however i think its a nice suggestion for a middle ground which keeps the people grinding for shards, and also prevents traffic on a single world rsps with catacombs being a hotspot for most accounts no matter their level of progression, weather new or endgame.

@Hope

Edited by MI6

spacer.pngCEpIIfK.png