Jump to content

Instanced Wintertodt


Rebooted66
 Share

Recommended Posts

Let players use instance tokens on Wintertodt. Consistently get players that light all 4 fires in the 1 wintertodt room we have on the server ONLY when an event is active. I never see people looking for "quick firemaking experience" off of event. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Players lit the 4 fires to make the games pass by faster. If it’s only a TB task or for the achievements then mostlikely it’s because they want it to be done as quick as possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Merueme said:

Players lit the 4 fires to make the games pass by faster. If it’s only a TB task or for the achievements then mostlikely it’s because they want it to be done as quick as possible. 

When you have 3x points you don't want the game to end faster lol. There's no way 15 games in a row I'm dealing with people doing their town board.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zik My Zuk said:

Yes, you guys cry 24/7 and act like it don't happen off event too. I need boots too, I need to do the minigame myself. I don't care if others light all braziers. Be like me.

personally have 160 games run and the only time this happens off event is for 1 townboard task, not 15 games in a row of a player just lighting the brazier. nice try tho. nobody camps wintertodt off event, it's a dead place without a boost. turn the points up though and all the sudden people want 99 firemaking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rebooted66 said:

personally have 160 games run and the only time this happens off event is for 1 townboard task, not 15 games in a row of a player just lighting the brazier. nice try tho. nobody camps wintertodt off event, it's a dead place without a boost. turn the points up though and all the sudden people want 99 firemaking.

ngl the points are still a lot even when people light all braziers, everyone just spoiled and think less than 13k is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zik My Zuk said:

ngl the points are still a lot even when people light all braziers, everyone just spoiled and think less than 13k is bad

Imagine telling people that go and grind wintertodt for max point games they're spoiled. I don't even think that word fits in this context. If I manage max point games off event, I feel like it wouldn't be crazy to expect the same in 3x less times invested lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rebooted66 said:

Imagine telling people that go and grind wintertodt for max point games they're spoiled. I don't even think that word fits in this context. If I manage max point games off event, I feel like it wouldn't be crazy to expect the same in 3x less times invested lol.

Only reason why I don't support idea is because it makes the game look even more dead. Playercount already slowly dwindling down and this is giving another excuse to make areas of the game look dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zik My Zuk said:

Only reason why I don't support idea is because it makes the game look even more dead. Playercount already slowly dwindling down and this is giving another excuse to make areas of the game look dead.

Most group activities are dead. Letting 1 player roll the other 15 that want to do the activity on event is just going to kill those areas even more in my opinion. I stopped running wt since writing this post in hopes to get instanced so yeah not sure chief.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rebooted66 said:

Most group activities are dead. Letting 1 player roll the other 15 that want to do the activity on event is just going to kill those areas even more in my opinion. I stopped running wt since writing this post in hopes to get instanced so yeah not sure chief.

Most group activities are dead so why kill this one too? You get more than enough points regardless even if someone lights all braziers and speeds up the game - it's not like it ends instantly. Loads of people still run wintertodt despite there being no instance and people lighting braziers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zik My Zuk said:

Most group activities are dead so why kill this one too? You get more than enough points regardless even if someone lights all braziers and speeds up the game - it's not like it ends instantly. Loads of people still run wintertodt despite there being no instance and people lighting braziers.

if you light all 4 at the very start you get 2 and a half inventories if you fletch, maybe. I saw your 12 kc so I'm not sure what experience you're talking from chief. Where are these loads of people? I can't find them off event lmfao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Rebooted66 said:

if you light all 4 at the very start you get 2 and a half inventories if you fletch, maybe. I saw your 12 kc so I'm not sure what experience you're talking from chief. Where are these loads of people? I can't find them off event lmfao

2 and a half inventories if u fletch is more than enough points LOL especially on 3x

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Zik My Zuk said:

2 and a half inventories if u fletch is more than enough points LOL especially on 3x

 

Again, 160 runs deep, just want 1 item, need the most rolls I can get to do so. Why would we turn on 3x points if not to get to max points quicker? Walking in circles here, point is random players decide that now that a wt event is active, "I'm going to 99 firemaking as fast as possible" and light all the altars. If you didn't know, guessing you didn't since you think 4500 points is more than enough, every 250 points past the first 500 is a 50% chance at an additional roll at the cap of 13,500! It makes no sense to rush games on 3x points when you can get a max roll crate that much faster during the events.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rebooted66 said:

Again, 160 runs deep, just want 1 item, need the most rolls I can get to do so. Why would we turn on 3x points if not to get to max points quicker? Walking in circles here, point is random players decide that now that a wt event is active, "I'm going to 99 firemaking as fast as possible" and light all the altars. If you didn't know, guessing you didn't since you think 4500 points is more than enough, every 250 points past the first 500 is a 50% chance at an additional roll at the cap of 13,500! It makes no sense to rush games on 3x points when you can get a max roll crate that much faster during the events.

Bruh. 1. You can do wt off event without any interruptions if you really want to. 2. You get a fuck ton of points with the event 3. I've seen the wt event been turned on several times in the past 2 weeks - twice for weekend events and at least once throughout the week before the lagg issues started so you can't even use the excuse it was to compensate the shit servers. 4500 points is more than enough. A server event is an event which everyone in the server takes part. I personally see it as a way to interact with players much more often and make new friends. Honestly, the weekend events is already so OP as it is. It should've never been a thing. Too bad you can't remove it now because everyone would just cry 24/7 like they are now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zik My Zuk said:

Bruh. 1. You can do wt off event without any interruptions if you really want to. 2. You get a fuck ton of points with the event 3. I've seen the wt event been turned on several times in the past 2 weeks - twice for weekend events and at least once throughout the week before the lagg issues started so you can't even use the excuse it was to compensate the shit servers. 4500 points is more than enough. A server event is an event which everyone in the server takes part. I personally see it as a way to interact with players much more often and make new friends. Honestly, the weekend events is already so OP as it is. It should've never been a thing. Too bad you can't remove it now because everyone would just cry 24/7 like they are now.

Damn, you sound so bitter it's insane!

1 - Half of my KC is off event. Maybe 15-20 of my games are town board where I wasn't aiming for max points.

2 - Not when people are griefing. That was the whole point of this post.

3 - What does the event being turned on multiple times in 2 weeks have to do with this? That just means getting girefed that much more if you partake in all the times wt event is active.

4500 points is not 13,500 points so it is not enough for a max roll crate, is that clear? If you crave interaction and friendship from other players, I'd recommend joining one of the larger CC's instead of lighting all 4 braziers at wintertodt. Imagine complaining about dying player count and then complaining about events that are designed to draw in players. Your whole argument has just been you countering your previous statements in the following ones. You're obsessed with people crying over events but you don't even realize that in turn you are now crying over events lol.

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

End of the story is:

 

Some players don't want to group up with others and have the social interactions others claim they wish to have while on a Wintertodt event. This is especially true when the games are not able to be played out in certain ways that allow for better compensation of time spent doing the event. The only reasonable solution is to add them to a feature that already exists in the game, the instance tokens, so everyone can have their way. Can lock the thread now, it's just mindless arguing that isn't getting anywhere from people who already stated their intent was to "fuel it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Hope locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...