Option to disable bounty in wilderness

Crowns

1 hour ago, November said:

Support, clues are undo-able with people being able to teleport on you on spot.

Clues aren't supposed to be easy and just handed to you...? With risk involved clearly it drives some people away from doing it therefore uniques are more rare and worth doing the clue. It also makes wilderness more active, people out there doing clues, gives pkers other active hotspots etc. 

12 hours ago, Tanks said:

Clues aren't supposed to be easy and just handed to you...? With risk involved clearly it drives some people away from doing it therefore uniques are more rare and worth doing the clue. It also makes wilderness more active, people out there doing clues, gives pkers other active hotspots etc. 

They aren't yeah, but you're not supposed to be AT risk at every single moment you step into the wild. There's a route and there's defined clue scroll spots that pkers can camp if they wish to target those people doing clues.

They aren't yeah, but you're not supposed to be AT risk at every single moment you step into the wild. There's a route and there's defined clue scroll spots that pkers can camp if they wish to target those people doing clues.

Wilderness is wilderness for a reason? Lol the moment you step in the WILDERNESS you are supposed to be at risk... ?

3 minutes ago, November said:

Yeah, you're supposed to be at risk of being found, not a 1 click teleport to get jumped on.

More positives than negatives is how I see it. Gives wildy more activity and clue items more rare. Drop your wilderness clues if you don't want to risk it. Can get 100's of clues within a few hours. 

15 minutes ago, Tanks said:

More positives than negatives is how I see it. Gives wildy more activity and clue items more rare. Drop your wilderness clues if you don't want to risk it. Can get 100's of clues within a few hours. 

I get the idea that it revitalizes the wilderness, but it's overkill.

There's hotspots at the wilderness as there is, there's 5 spots ( clues ), wilderness bosses, Rogue's Castle, KBD entrance, Wilderness Resource Area, Wilderness Agility Course, Green Dragons, MA2 Demons where pkers can do rotations / use scouts to find people to kill them.

Just because you want wild activity shouldn't mean you should be handed it on a silver platter, and those who HAVE to do wilderness related things shouldn't be gimped by the idea of a 1 click teleport to get jumped on.

That's just my take, pkers can pk each other with the teleport, but they shouldn't have a "god's eye" to find and teleport on top of anyone dodging the hotspot areas. I see the problem with wilderness being inactive but it's not for lack of people finding each other rather than it is not as profitable to fight other people and just farm 1 itemers.

I'll stick to boxing a mate / alt to prevent getting jumped on, you guys do you.

I get the idea that it revitalizes the wilderness, but it's overkill.

There's hotspots at the wilderness as there is, there's 5 spots ( clues ), wilderness bosses, Rogue's Castle, KBD entrance, Wilderness Resource Area, Wilderness Agility Course, Green Dragons, MA2 Demons where pkers can do rotations / use scouts to find people to kill them.

Just because you want wild activity shouldn't mean you should be handed it on a silver platter, and those who HAVE to do wilderness related things shouldn't be gimped by the idea of a 1 click teleport to get jumped on.

That's just my take, pkers can pk each other with the teleport, but they shouldn't have a "god's eye" to find and teleport on top of anyone dodging the hotspot areas. I see the problem with wilderness being inactive but it's not for lack of people finding each other rather than it is not as profitable to fight other people and just farm 1 itemers.

I'll stick to boxing a mate / alt to prevent getting jumped on, you guys do you.

Im not even a pker, just there are better alternatives than turning it completely off such as only being able to use BH tele once an hour or something like that. Plenty other things than just turning it off. Then every single person would turn it off and it would be dead. 

I have my own suggestion on this problem from the perspective of hardcore ironman Thread 5016. I agree that the wilderness it to be dangerous. That's the point but i for sure agree that the instant teleport is scuffed because there is no other alternative. On osrs you have the choice of which world you go to the wildy in and there is a working penalty system

In my case, it's 100% suicide. I do all my clues wildy or not, i got MA2 capes, and was about to start infinity grind. Part of the fun of a hardcore is the risk in wildy but this makes the risk far to much in the killers favour, it makes the risk pure chance and it eliminates calculates risks. 

Should the option be togglable? I did suggest it to but i think no. I think having world two non bh or fixing the penalty system so that it works properly giving like 10 minutes immunity from targets.

Also - The other problem with the penalty system is that you can just juggle until you get your alt as a target and boost emblems. 

I somewhat support, although i think their are better options to fix the problem. 

+1

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic