Pest Control Points

Pain Queen

I'm sure that this has been asked/suggested before, but I believe that the exp rates for which you turn points in, should be applied to the xp rate that your account is. EX: If 100 Pest Control points is 100 base experience, then on a EIM they should get 800xp not the base 100. Not only will this help with people working towards maxing out some combat stats (specifically prayer), but I think that an update like that would also allow for more people to want to actively do Pest Control without there being events on.

Edited by Pain Queen

• Developer

I disagree with making it multiply by your game mode. Half of Zaros has a combat experience rate of 65x or more with a post max rate of 25x.

On 80x with level 80 attack you get 350 experience per point. One game of pest control grants you a minimum of 15 points, scaling up into the 20's for donators and pest control events. Each game takes a total of 2-3 minutes to complete.

15 points x 350 = 5,250

5,250 x 80x = 420,000 experience per game MINIMUM pre-99. On regular (non-ironman mode) this would be 1,050,000 experience per game. At a post-max rate of 25x, this would be 210,000 experience per game (taking into account 560 XP per point at 99)

While I don't agree with setting it to multiply by your game mode, I would not be opposed to setting a custom modifier for it.

On 3/27/2021 at 7:36 AM, Hope said:

I disagree with making it multiply by your game mode. Half of Zaros has a combat experience rate of 65x or more with a post max rate of 25x.

On 80x with level 80 attack you get 350 experience per point. One game of pest control grants you a minimum of 15 points, scaling up into the 20's for donators and pest control events. Each game takes a total of 2-3 minutes to complete.

15 points x 350 = 5,250

5,250 x 80x = 420,000 experience per game MINIMUM pre-99. On regular (non-ironman mode) this would be 1,050,000 experience per game. At a post-max rate of 25x, this would be 210,000 experience per game (taking into account 560 XP per point at 99)

While I don't agree with setting it to multiply by your game mode, I would not be opposed to setting a custom modifier for it.

Something like 1/2-1/3 of game mode wouldn't be too bad imo

I was just asking about this ingame! Glad to see someone else has thought of it! I think a simple 10x base xp rate will be perfect for the points, due to it not giving a ridiculous amount of XP and it would make people strive to continue to partake in PC after they get their Void. I am sitting at 88 prayer which is 216xp per point. using 100 points into that all I get is 21,600xp. plus the 10% bonus you get for using 100 points. which isn't horrible, but it's not going to make players want to use their points for combat xp after they receive void, thus making PC almost useless after that. a simple 10x to the base xp would make people want to use PC alot more, especially those realist out there. I am 100% behind this being updated but only to a 10x multiplier so the ones with 65x or 200x aren't getting an insane amount of xp from their multiplier with the points. 

216 x 100 = 21,600 x 10 = 216,000xp with 100 points. which can take some time to gain in PC. That is my suggestion to this thread and I hope it most definitely gets improved! 

• developer logoHope locked this topic