Remove Potions/Food from Shops

Seaphine

I am mutual on this topic. Skillers can undermine the prices of the shops to make a profit. But at first i think its vital to keep them in the shops so pkers/pvmers can start there journey. Maybe remove once we have a steady economy after the launch. 

12 hours ago, Crystalmeth said:

Everyone needs to understand, Zaros is going to be a ECO server, having food and potions in shops would just make the server more looking like a pvp only server rather than a Economy server which it is trying to become. 

if you are truly a pker, you can still pk early on... only if you know how to pk that is...

Otherwise, having people skill for the resources such as the herbs or pvmers getting them from bosses would benefit the server HUGE. 

We are clearly trying to not make this like any other rsps. Yes ? 

So In my opinion, having other people harvest and sell herbs and shark to players would help so much and yes the economy would slowly balance out after a month. 

we aren't trying to have players play and leave after a month. An to the people who say "why don't you just go to 07" maybe you should think a little. the xp rates are extremely fast this plus methods such as t2 fishing would help players get fish 2-3x as faster. 

maybe we should do a general vote for yes or no to see the majority of players think.    

keep water vials and seconders in shop though. 

+1 finally someone that understands simple economics. Ppl also saying “nty go play osrs if u want 1:1” just smh

I think the value on some of the pots in the shop are weak af, and I think thats going to reflect by making the herb prices weak af. I support removing them from shops unless they're going to add a base sell price to herbs in the shops.

That would make the demand high and supply low, making all the potions unnecessarily expensive and making pking more expensive. As others have mentioned, skillers can undercut the store if thats the route you decide to go with.

46 minutes ago, Elk said:

That would make the demand high and supply low, making all the potions unnecessarily expensive and making pking more expensive. As others have mentioned, skillers can undercut the store if thats the route you decide to go with.

Then raise the price of the cheaper pots in the store, otherwise herbs are being greatly devalued

Edited by Lul

On 12/1/2020 at 8:01 PM, Crystalmeth said:

Everyone needs to understand, Zaros is going to be a ECO server, having food and potions in shops would just make the server more looking like a pvp only server rather than a Economy server which it is trying to become. 

if you are truly a pker, you can still pk early on... only if you know how to pk that is...

Otherwise, having people skill for the resources such as the herbs or pvmers getting them from bosses would benefit the server HUGE. 

We are clearly trying to not make this like any other rsps. Yes ? 

So In my opinion, having other people harvest and sell herbs and shark to players would help so much and yes the economy would slowly balance out after a month. 

we aren't trying to have players play and leave after a month. An to the people who say "why don't you just go to 07" maybe you should think a little. the xp rates are extremely fast this plus methods such as t2 fishing would help players get fish 2-3x as faster. 

maybe we should do a general vote for yes or no to see the majority of players think.    

keep water vials and seconders in shop though. 

Agree with all of this, i would reference the late-great emps-scape that had no shops with PK items (no dds, no d scimmy, nothing....) and every kill felt valuable and there were tons of pkers. A server with 2k players can support the PK supplies needed...

The meaning of an Eco server has truly been lost it seems.

Edited by Seaphine

Hello Crystalmeth here again, Let me clear up some things here. for everyone who wants to pk on this server. You have to understand that this will be a economy server not just pk base server. Plus you will be having 2-6k players, playing on this server. So that being said, we shouldnt have the issue of high demand low supplies. 

If you want all the potions and food in shops, might as well play a pk server instead of playing this, if you looking to just to pk. 

On the other note, All those precious high end potions and food wont be in shop. Sorry to break it to you. Only lobesters swordfish tuna, maybe shark. The basic prayer potions will be in the shop. So those people who dont want to do skilling or just pking. Thats fine, but uh youll end up going to the pos/ge to buy anglerfish super combats/ range and magic potions etc dark carb or karamkwans. Yo yeah, sorry to break it to you. 

I mean I understand why you would want it from a skilling & economy point of view.. But I think there needs to be a balance to this so that the server will attract pkers and have an active pking community as well.. so having the pots & sharks in store in my opinion is better.

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic