200m capes?

COSS

I do not believe content such as this would be implemented, unless implemented in original Old School RuneScape first. I currently do not support 200M skill experience capes anyhow, it would inspirit players to optate more methods to train skills and higher rates, which is not what Zaros needs.

Edited by Wikia

Best Regards,
Wikia

1ixfs2F.png Wikia#3622

15 minutes ago, November said:

Why would Zaros not want variety in skill training and min maxing?

Do you not believe there are enough methods for training skills in Old School RuneScape already? Any more - especially for post-99, would be ridiculous and over powered, in my opinion. Remember this is Old School RuneScape, not RuneScape 3, EasyScape, SpinScape...

Best Regards,
Wikia

1ixfs2F.png Wikia#3622

1 hour ago, Wikia said:

Do you not believe there are enough methods for training skills in Old School RuneScape already? Any more - especially for post-99, would be ridiculous and over powered, in my opinion. Remember this is Old School RuneScape, not RuneScape 3, EasyScape, SpinScape...

This is still a +1 to follow for after maxing.

Plus having variety in training methods and people competing to see the best ways is never bad, I don't see what point you're trying to make ? 

2 minutes ago, November said:

This is still a +1 to follow for after maxing.

Plus having variety in training methods and people competing to see the best ways is never bad, I don't see what point you're trying to make ? 

I am sharing my thoughts related to the suggestion, I am not trying to get a point across. 200M skill experience capes will not be implemented for several reasons anyhow. They would have to be custom designed/coded, which the development will not do as it will take up an exorbitant amount of time, and it would get rid of the Old School RuneScape feel, not to mention the capes do not even exist in Old School RuneScape (Zaros is 1:1 with Old School RuneScape). There are also hardly any players with 200M experience in skills currently, very pointless to implement 200M skill experience capes as of right now.

Best Regards,
Wikia

1ixfs2F.png Wikia#3622

Just now, idc cya said:

Galvek that spawns in wildy every few hours and drops pvp weapons must be an update I missed on Old School Runescape.

To a certain extent. Anyhow, Galvek is in Old School RuneScape, 200M skill experience capes are not. 

Best Regards,
Wikia

1ixfs2F.png Wikia#3622

200M skill experience capes will not be implemented for several reasons anyhow

Since when do you make decisions on Zaros?

They would have to be custom designed/coded, which the development will not do as it will take up an exorbitant amount of time

AFAIK you can pay people to design them for you, wouldn't take much dev time.

not to mention the capes do not even exist in Old School RuneScape (Zaros is 1:1 with Old School RuneScape)

see: Slayer caskets, Bonus Pet rate, clue rate scrolls, donator zones, etc.

There are also hardly any players with 200M experience in skills currently

Because there's no incentive to grind for 200M xp other than ranks.

8 minutes ago, idc cya said:

Since when do you make decisions on Zaros?

I am not making decisions for Zaros. I just know 200M skill experience capes will not be added - reasons already stated from the post you responded to.

AFAIK you can pay people to design them for you, wouldn't take much dev time.

They would just look horrific. It would give Zaros too much of a custom feel and make it not feel like Old School RuneScape.

see: Slayer caskets, Bonus Pet rate, clue rate scrolls, donator zones, etc.

To a certain extent, as I had already stated. These are small additions to give Zaros a slight RuneScape Private Server feel, and help the development team make money for their wallets, advertisements, events, etc. Seeing hundreds of players running around with custom capes is completely different. 

Because there's no incentive to grind for 200M xp other than ranks.

No, because the game is a week old. 

Edited by Wikia

Best Regards,
Wikia

1ixfs2F.png Wikia#3622

I just know 200M skill experience capes will not be added - reasons already stated from the post you responded to.

Wrong.

They would just look horrific. It would give Zaros too much of a custom feel and make it not feel like Old School RuneScape.

Also wrong.

To a certain extent, as I had already stated. These are small additions to give Zaros a slight RuneScape Private Server feel, and help the development team make money for their wallets, advertisements, events, etc. Seeing hundreds of players running around with custom capes is completely different. 

Wrong.

No, because the game is a week old. 

Wrong.

i don't get the hate for this?

having 200m skill capes aren't going to hurt anybody. the people that want to max and stop after aren't going to go "ohhh 200m well this is useless"

also all the arguing about how zaros is 1:1 of osrs. no it's not. if it were people would jump ship quickly after the novelty is gone.

also let's just get this out of the way, if no custom content or changes are made the server will go stale quickly, if you look at osrs once you have acquired most skills to 99 and gear for bossing it goes stale, nothing left to achieve. am i saying this without any base? no. i was maxed on OSRS with bis of all gear possibly, i am currently playing a realism, am i ever going to get 200m skills? probably not. should that mean this suggestion should be downvoted? no. it fit's osrs as a whole, it's an achievement to get 200m xp, why not celebrate is slightly?

also the argument that it would hurt the economy etc. is just plain dumb, it would actually help the economy, in a few weeks or months, people are done skilling skilling supplies will tank and not be worth anything, what then? complain about skilling supplies being useless and say "not like that in osrs no fix"...

19 minutes ago, Tim said:

All of what you just said is in osrs in some way shape or form, 200m capes are not.

galvek as a stand alone boss isn't other than for a quest fight

PVP Weapons are also not, excluding the VLS / Mori throwinaxes and Zuriels staff

NEXT

22 minutes ago, COSS said:

galvek as a stand alone boss isn't other than for a quest fight

PVP Weapons are also not, excluding the VLS / Mori throwinaxes and Zuriels staff

NEXT

So you’ve just proved my point that they’re in OSRS? Your 200m capes are not and have not ever been related but please continue.

Whats the point in wasting development hours on a cape that’s going to look mediocre at best? just wear your max cape and focus on QoL or content additions, lmao.

Edited by Tim

No support.  It probably won't take a whole lot of dev time, but there will be a big division between players on what benefits each skill individually will have, and I'd rather have our current resources fixing what's currently needed, as well as expanding along with what OSRS is releasing.  As a 1:1 OSRS ps, I don't see this as necessary.  

55 minutes ago, Yugi said:

No support.  It probably won't take a whole lot of dev time, but there will be a big division between players on what benefits each skill individually will have, and I'd rather have our current resources fixing what's currently needed, as well as expanding along with what OSRS is releasing.  As a 1:1 OSRS ps, I don't see this as necessary.  

its not a 1:1