Zaros Donator Perk & Store Suggestions

Affe

These perks are mostly inspired from Atlas & osrs gameplay.
I will add/modify perks & store suggestions as i get feedback & new ideas.
Let me know what you guys think of current ones i've come up with.

Zaros Donator perks suggestions:

• Unlimited use of the pest control seal, perhaps include a damage boost as well.
  • Mark of Graces are placed directly in your inventory & if you don't have space, in your bank.
  • Unlocks chance of graceful peices being spawned when running a rooftop course, it would be a unique colored graceful that spawns that cannot be obtained anywhere else in game.
  • Send extra supplies gained from various skilling activites straight to the bank, instead of landing on the ground or a players inventory. Examples: Gems while mining, birds nest while woodcutting etc (clue nests, clue geodes, clue bottles etc will only give a clue scroll in the bank)
  • Weedkiller - Weeds will never appear on farming patches again
  • Farming cape will act as farming tools, seed dibber, rake, spade, gardening trowel & secateurs
  • The bonecrusher will also crush ashes for prayer xp.
  • As a donator you have a chance to receive a supply drop of certain items when killing a npc, the chance to receive it will increase with your donator rank. The supply drops would consist of, untradeable unblighted versions of food & potions that only you can use.

Donator store suggestions:

• Scroll of aggression, makes all monsters aggresive to you when toggle it on and unaggresive when toggled off

Edited by Affe

9L5Dyb0.png

@Affe To make it more clean looking & less like confused try doing the layout like this: 

1. Unlimited use of the pest control seal, perhaps include a damage boost as well.
  2. Mark of Graces are placed directly in your inventory & if you don't have space, in your bank.
  3. Unlocks chance of graceful peices being spawned when running a rooftop course.
  4. Send extra supplies gained from various skilling activites straight to the bank, 
  5. instead of landing on the ground or a players inventory.
  6. Examples: Gems while mining, birds nest while woodcutting etc
  7. (clue nests, clue geodes, clue bottles etc will only give a clue scroll in the bank)
  8. Weedkiller - Weeds will never appear on farming patches again
  9. Farming cape will act as farming tools, seed dibber, rake, spade, gardening trowel & secateurs
  10. The bonecrusher will also crush ashes for prayer xp.
  11. As a donator you have a chance to receive a supply drop of certain items when killing a npc,
  12. the chance to receive it will increase with your donator rank. The supply drops would consist of,
  13. untradeable unblighted versions of food & potions that only you can use.

-- Overal, Nice suggestions however to some of em i just CBA it needs to remain oldschool. 

Edited by Nigel

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

@Affe To make it more clean looking & less like confused try doing the layout like this: 

1. Unlimited use of the pest control seal, perhaps include a damage boost as well.
  2. Mark of Graces are placed directly in your inventory & if you don't have space, in your bank.
  3. Unlocks chance of graceful peices being spawned when running a rooftop course.
  4. Send extra supplies gained from various skilling activites straight to the bank, 
  5. instead of landing on the ground or a players inventory.
  6. Examples: Gems while mining, birds nest while woodcutting etc
  7. (clue nests, clue geodes, clue bottles etc will only give a clue scroll in the bank)
  8. Weedkiller - Weeds will never appear on farming patches again
  9. Farming cape will act as farming tools, seed dibber, rake, spade, gardening trowel & secateurs
  10. The bonecrusher will also crush ashes for prayer xp.
  11. As a donator you have a chance to receive a supply drop of certain items when killing a npc,
  12. the chance to receive it will increase with your donator rank. The supply drops would consist of,
  13. untradeable unblighted versions of food & potions that only you can use.

-- Overal, Nice suggestions however to some of em i just CBA it needs to remain oldschool. 

Will edit it once editing has been fixed. This was just copypasted from my notepad so i'll mkae sure it will look more structured.

9L5Dyb0.png

These are some good suggestions with a lot of thought into them. However, I think it's to early to say if we really need these. I think it's best to stay close to Oldschool, some of your suggestion were nice QoL though - like the farming cape.

I like all of these suggestions and I'd also be on board with the possibility of a cash casket drop of some amount of GP being exclusively for donators when they are killing monsters. It would encourage early donations to help people build up a cash-stack in a fresh new server. I know that you can offer it to everyone also and I guess that works too, but thought it would be pretty helpful upon release and would also prevent 30+ alt bots that aren't donators from starting to farm for cash caskets and ruin the economy early. 

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

On 6/12/2020 at 5:17 PM, Suroks said:

I like it. But are these donator perks or benefits? Difference being that perks is something you buy once and unlock permanently, while benefits come with the purchase of the rank itself.

Nice of you to take notice of this. I havn't distinguished these from each other since i think it would be up to the developers of where each benefit/perk would land.
If you have to buy a feature or if it comes included with your rank id personaly see "less valued" features included in your rank and "slightly more valued" features to be bought.
From my experience when playing atlas all benefits was included with your rank and i wouldn't mind it staying that way.

9L5Dyb0.png

• Developer
15 hours ago, Cox said:

I like all of these suggestions and I'd also be on board with the possibility of a cash casket drop of some amount of GP being exclusively for donators when they are killing monsters. It would encourage early donations to help people build up a cash-stack in a fresh new server. I know that you can offer it to everyone also and I guess that works too, but thought it would be pretty helpful upon release and would also prevent 30+ alt bots that aren't donators from starting to farm for cash caskets and ruin the economy early. 

The server has a custom feature already called "Slayer caskets"; they drop semi-frequently based on the level of your slayer monster and contain GP, Herbs, Clues, and Gems.

20 minutes ago, Hope said:

The server has a custom feature already called "Slayer caskets"; they drop semi-frequently based on the level of your slayer monster and contain GP, Herbs, Clues, and Gems.

Do they apply to ironmen too, or is it just a feature for casual accounts?

Great suggestions and nice to see people at this stage of the server taking initiative for bringing up ideas & improvements, you have my support.

Edited by DPS

2 hours ago, Hope said:

Everyone can obtain them.

Just out of curiosity, how do I see information about the server? I've read the FAQs and I'm in the Discord but I don't know where to see what the server already has since it's not live. For example, to find information like this about the slayer caskets with supplies and cash in it. 

Edited by Cox

siggy.png

• Developer
17 minutes ago, Cox said:

Just out of curiosity, how do I see information about the server? I've read the FAQs and I'm in the Discord but I don't know where to see what the server already has since it's not live. For example, to find information like this about the slayer caskets with supplies and cash in it. 

There isn't any information/documentation on it and most likely there won't be unless players post guides or information threads post-release.

7 minutes ago, Ollie V1 said:

Disagree. No support. Should be replicating OSRS not giving such a advantage for donators and store buyers to ruin economy straight away. 

Unfortunately you're playing a private server that relies heavily upon donations to pay the high expenses for creating and maintaining said server. If you truly want no ::store then you have to play OSRS.

Edited by Cox

siggy.png

On 6/14/2020 at 6:54 PM, Ollie V1 said:

Disagree. No support. Should be replicating OSRS not giving such a advantage for donators and store buyers to ruin economy straight away. 

So how do you give a incentive to donate & support the server without perks/benefits or items to donate for?
I've supported many servers by not receiving anything for it but not everyone is like me.
Id like to throw a question back to you. What would you suggest be the incentive for people to donate if perks/benefits or items were not an option to donate for?

9L5Dyb0.png

On 6/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, Ollie V1 said:

Take a look at OSRS's membership scheme as a business model, without that, the investment into development would be less & content would be far less enticing to keep the player base interested. The more liquid cash the company has, the more that is invested (in a working business model) and the better the game is. 

• Owner
On 6/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, Ollie V1 said:

If you want a big server you need to be able to compete with other rsps for adverts, this is very expensive. You will be a dead server in no time if no one were purchasing anything.

I don't want this server to have the best stuff in the shops or for it to be impossible to compete with donators but you still need incentives for people to spend money else your server won't survive.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, David said:

If you want a big server you need to be able to compete with other rsps for adverts, this is very expensive. You will be a dead server in no time if no one were purchasing anything.

I don't want this server to have the best stuff in the shops or for it to be impossible to compete with donators but you still need incentives for people to spend money else your server won't survive.

Donation incentives I believe would help is drop percent increase or even a monthly subscription which would give you benefits in percentage for mini games / PC / Barrows / etc and access to membership only areas for moneymaking advantage or more yield from a farm run to make pots / XP gains slightly increased etc, incentive of still working for the items and not just receiving via a donators shop? 

Obviously not just the above benefits, but you get what I mean. Rather then a ::claimdonation make it a membership with a benefit for a month? 

Also question - will there be donator ranks in game like Ikov? Is this something we can turn off on client?

Edited by Ollie V1

On 6/14/2020 at 7:54 PM, Ollie V1 said:

Hardly anybody opens a RSPS these days from a hobby point of view and if you want an active server with players you will need to advertise & pay content creators which isn't cheap.

Private server in 2020 is a business which relies on donations and nobody/not many people are going to donate unless they get something in return for their money.

However there are many different ways of making donating worthy meanwhile not actually fucking up the whole economy or giving iron accounts too massive advantage and here's how or at least the main idea what a donator store could offer:

1) Quality Of Life stuff: Things that generally make the game more easy & smooth for the players

Could be for example a donator zone that makes skilling more smooth & efficient or you get to do farm runs more often depending on your rank & you receive a small boost when picking your herbs from your planted seeds. There could also be for example some sort of slayer points boost or a donator only slayer cave / cheaper instances for boss rooms

2) Unlocking untradable items from the donator store will save time but it won't have a negative impact on the economy (Fire cape,void,dragon defender etc)

3) The higher donator rank you have the more:

A) Minigame points you receive per game (pest control for example) 

B) You get to skip more waves at fight caves & inferno for example

C) More vote points each time you take your time to vote

D) You don't need to pay to repair broken barrows/decanting potions for free

4) Skilling outfits that give you small boost for certain skills could be in the donator store 

5) Maybe there could be an extremely small boost for drop rates if you have +$500 in donations

6) Cosmetics that let you stand out from rest of the players:

A) Rare items that won't have an impact on the economy or give unfair advantage PVP or PVM wise

B) Different tiers of donators can unlock different types of skin colors to stand out

C) Different kind of scrolls in the donator store that will give you small boosts for example: TOB scroll/COX scroll/Gauntlet scroll/Clue scrolls/Drop rate booster/Pet hunting scroll and maybe even some sort of PVP points scroll

This list could go on for quite a long time but this is just a simple example because people should get something in return for their money otherwise they simply won't donate if they don't see a reason to do so but of course it shouldn't be anything that wrecks the economy or gives people a massive advantage compared to other players because that will just demotivate them as well.

071.jpg.bb1cadb36aceaad44e6845b1d2282019.jpg