TzHaar-Ket-Rak's 6-Jad Challenge!

FknShambles

Suggestion: Add TzHaar-Ket-Rak's challenge into Zaros (6-Jad Challenge)

What is it?: TzHaar-Ket-Rak's Challenge was added to Old School RuneScape on Mach 3rd, 2021 and incorporated a progressively increasing-difficulty challenge that requires the player to have completed the Inferno at least once. TzHaar-Ket-Rak first offers the player a challenge to defeating one JalTok-Jad. When the player completes that challenge, TzHaar-Ket-Rak offers the player a new challenge; to defeat two JalTok-Jad's at once. This is continued for three, four, five and finally six JalTok-Jad's simultaneously. 

What is the Incentive (reward)?: If the player manages to defeat all six of TzHaar-Ket-Rak's challenges, the player will receive a metamorphosis option on their TzRek-Jad pet which transforms it into a JalRek-Jad pet (miniature version of the inferno Jads).

Why is this healthy for Zaros?: Adding in pinnacle difficulty content for which a player can attempt to complete and show of their prowess provides the community of players with motivation to strive to defeat an even greater challenge. This mostly appeals to players who have already accomplished the toughest of challenges in the game. There is always room for more challenging content, and I think this would fit in PERFECTLY on Zaros RSPS.

The full official release blog can be found on Old School RuneScape's website: https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/tzhaar-ket-raks-challenges?oldschool=1

Edited by FknShambles
Grammar

2 hours ago, Bang Broski said:

I love this idea, but instead of it automatically giving you the ability to do metamorphosis, it should be like a dropped item with a fixed chance to get it.

I don't agree with this. It ultimately makes it "harder" to obtain than normal osrs. I support the implementation of 6 jads with req of 1 inferno kc for challenges 3-6, but I think you should get the morph on comopletion.

c4e48e3b3b5784ed0c6d2afc842c69d4.png

20 hours ago, Undying said:

Would be a great idea if you couldn't just pay somebody to complete it for you.

Wouldn't really showcase somebodys abilities but rather their cashstack lol.

Your argument is redundant, as you can pay anyone to do anything you wish for you on your account. This does not mean that they can't add more challenging content into the game. Please think about what you're going to say more thoroughly before replying please.

• Developer
20 hours ago, BDO said:

I like the idea, but I do not think it's currently possible without an update to the servers current revision. +1 from me regardless 

This. Will be nice to add in the future, but we'll have to go through a revision upgrade first.

1 hour ago, Hope said:

This. Will be nice to add in the future, but we'll have to go through a revision upgrade first.

Can you explain why this is the case? Genuinely curious.

15 hours ago, FknShambles said:

Your argument is redundant, as you can pay anyone to do anything you wish for you on your account. This does not mean that they can't add more challenging content into the game. Please think about what you're going to say more thoroughly before replying please.

Did you expect every single reply to be positive or something? if so you must be new to a forum.

I don't support the idea of adding something "challenging" that would take up a lot of the devs time when it has no purpose, as i said, if it wasn't something you could buy from a players service it'd be great, as it'd really then be something you can show off, however that isn't the case, and 99.9% of players would end up paying the service fee like they do for infernal.

You're entire premise for the idea was that it would be a challenge and something you can show off once completed.

This wouldn't be the case anymore than infernal cape is currently.

Therefor my reply was both informed and thorough.

Edited by Undying

2 hours ago, Dude said:

Can you explain why this is the case? Genuinely curious.

This server uses a specific revision snapshot of OSRS which the developers use to add content and so forth. As OSRS updates their current revision, we stagger behind in certain updates as some custom content that the developers added might break once updated. So it's a slow and delicate balance of revision updates along with in-game updates before we're able to add some of the most updated OSRS content.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:08 AM, Undying said:

Did you expect every single reply to be positive or something? if so you must be new to a forum.

I don't support the idea of adding something "challenging" that would take up a lot of the devs time when it has no purpose, as i said, if it wasn't something you could buy from a players service it'd be great, as it'd really then be something you can show off, however that isn't the case, and 99.9% of players would end up paying the service fee like they do for infernal.

You're entire premise for the idea was that it would be a challenge and something you can show off once completed.

This wouldn't be the case anymore than infernal cape is currently.

Therefor my reply was both informed and thorough.

Your initial argument was not thorough, it was one sentence. You essentially said; 'Do not put in increasingly challenging content that grants untradeable rewards.". Not the most flexible argument if I say so myself. Perhaps propose the idea of prohibiting services for specific content? This would be a productive argument.

Edit: Apologies if I triggered you. I know people online are very easily provoked and have minute tolerance levels (assume the worst). I should've spoken more softly...

Edited by FknShambles

On 5/9/2021 at 4:08 AM, FknShambles said:

Your initial argument was not thorough, it was one sentence. You essentially said; 'Do not put in increasingly challenging content that grants untradeable rewards.". Not the most flexible argument if I say so myself. Perhaps propose the idea of prohibiting services for specific content? This would be a productive argument.

Edit: Apologies if I triggered you. I know people online are very easily provoked and have minute tolerance levels (assume the worst). I should've spoken more softly...

My original comment was just fine, just 'cos i didn't go into as much detail as you'd have preferred doesn't mean anything, it was my opinion on a thread where you're seeking to gather opinions to form a consensus to showcase to the devs that this would be a good idea.

As i said above, your entire premise for the challange being added is that it'd showcase those with the skill to earn one.

And as my first comment said, that wouldn't be the case, the only thing it'd show is who had the biggest cash stacks (to afford the service fee)

As such, i don't support the idea, when devs can focus their efforts elsewhere on things that actually matter.

And you assume you triggered me 'cos i didn't like your idea? what an ego you must have.

Edited by T0M

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, T0M said:

ToMy original comment was just fine, just 'cos i didn't go into as much detail as you'd have preferred doesn't mean anything, it was my opinion on a thread where you're seeking to gather opinions to form a consensus to showcase to the devs that this would be a good idea.

As i said above, your entire premise for the challange being added is that it'd showcase those with the skill to earn one.

And as my first comment said, that wouldn't be the case, the only thing it'd show is who had the biggest cash stacks (to afford the service fee)

As such, i don't support the idea, when devs can focus their efforts elsewhere on things that actually matter.

And you assume you triggered me 'cos i didn't like your idea? what an ego you must have.

LOOOOL This conversation is literally every interaction between two stuck up RuneScape players. No one ever gives in, regardless of who ever is in the wrong. Absolutely classic my man.

To reply to your most recent post, I was aware of what you meant by what you had said. It was never a matter of me being confused. You said your argument was thorough, I simply said it wasn't thorough, as it was factually one sentence long lmfao. I'm glad you gave your opinion though, so thank you for sharing. I will not read post's conversations any longer, so don't worry about replying to this.