Raid layout tablets

Troep

First off,

3c2p = a raid layout with 3 combat rooms & 2 puzzle rooms, so 5 rooms total,
4c1p = a raid layout with 4 combat rooms & 1 puzzle room, also 5 rooms total.

The raid layout tablets give you a guaranteed 5 room rotation, either 3c2p or 4c1p, upon use and once you enter the pre-room for CoX, there's no leaving it without losing the tablet.
These tablets, costing 5-7m in voting tokens do not come cheap. 

The 'problem' with these tablets are that

1. They don't guarantee and overload drop, so no prepping isn't always possible.
2. The rotations they create are not possible on OSRS (not really a problem except considering 3.) as room order is a thing.
3. The 4c1p rotations are always shown as either 3x Unknown room + 1 Known room + 1 puzzle (sometimes known, sometimes not).
--> on OSRS there's a plugin that lets you reload these rotations, standing in a specific spot, that will update the rotation to be known before starting.
--> this 'reloading plugin' is not available here, which means the 4c1p rotations are actually worthless as you cannot know what items to bring. 
--> in order to avoid losing the raid tablet you need to start the raid without knowing which rooms you'll encounter.

There are multiple solutions, but given the price of these tablets we should be able to choose between & few rotations instead of receiving a random, potentially shitty, one.
Maybe make it impossible the choose the same layout 2x in a row, or add other barriers to prevent farming the same rotation over & over but I think it should at least be considered.

Everyone prefers different rotations depending if they want to speedrun, prep potions after the first room, avoid certain rooms,... and the above could fix all that.
Again, 10 voting tokens is the price to pay & feels high enough.

Thoughts?

100% agree, 

I would love to have the ability to PICK what layout i want if I'm spending 5 days of vote tokens on a raid, mainly for big scales some of the raids are good but are really hard to do a 2 + 3 scale etc. Maybe change the price to 5 vote tokens?

If you gave a list of 20 odd raids ranging from high points to WR layouts/no preps would be great

• Developer

Will see what I can do for the next update. I think choosing a layout from a list is rather a bit too easy though. Shame the testers didn't bring up these issues.

2 hours ago, Hope said:

Will see what I can do for the next update. I think choosing a layout from a list is rather a bit too easy though. Shame the testers didn't bring up these issues.

I do think it could be beneficial tho. Some people prefer the vtv rotations while others dont want them at all. Using these tablets and being able to choose a specific layout would make lifw a lot easier. I see the tablets as a way to skip scouting, nothing more. Being able to choose layout saves you the time of scouting, cus most ppl just scout until they get a rotation they want. And for the price it costs I think the timesave is fair

c4e48e3b3b5784ed0c6d2afc842c69d4.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Developer
On 7/1/2021 at 11:49 AM, Troep said:

First off,

3c2p = a raid layout with 3 combat rooms & 2 puzzle rooms, so 5 rooms total,
4c1p = a raid layout with 4 combat rooms & 1 puzzle room, also 5 rooms total.

The raid layout tablets give you a guaranteed 5 room rotation, either 3c2p or 4c1p, upon use and once you enter the pre-room for CoX, there's no leaving it without losing the tablet.
These tablets, costing 5-7m in voting tokens do not come cheap. 

The 'problem' with these tablets are that

1. They don't guarantee and overload drop, so no prepping isn't always possible.
2. The rotations they create are not possible on OSRS (not really a problem except considering 3.) as room order is a thing.
3. The 4c1p rotations are always shown as either 3x Unknown room + 1 Known room + 1 puzzle (sometimes known, sometimes not).
--> on OSRS there's a plugin that lets you reload these rotations, standing in a specific spot, that will update the rotation to be known before starting.
--> this 'reloading plugin' is not available here, which means the 4c1p rotations are actually worthless as you cannot know what items to bring. 
--> in order to avoid losing the raid tablet you need to start the raid without knowing which rooms you'll encounter.

There are multiple solutions, but given the price of these tablets we should be able to choose between & few rotations instead of receiving a random, potentially shitty, one.
Maybe make it impossible the choose the same layout 2x in a row, or add other barriers to prevent farming the same rotation over & over but I think it should at least be considered.

Everyone prefers different rotations depending if they want to speedrun, prep potions after the first room, avoid certain rooms,... and the above could fix all that.
Again, 10 voting tokens is the price to pay & feels high enough.

Thoughts?

This is the new solution we came up with:

2776224ae1.png?width=1006&height=586

20 hours ago, Hope said:

This is the new solution we came up with:

2776224ae1.png?width=1006&height=586

I personally think you should be able to pick the scout from using the tablet. Reason being is the price of these tablets being around 5-7m as OP said. It's just a raid scout and there's no guarantee that you'll even profit from it. Say if I use these tablets for solo raids, I'd need to use 14 of them to hit the drop rate. That's around 70m - 98m spent on tablets to hit the unique rate, which your not guaranteed. From a logical standpoint, it simply isn't worth using these tablets in its current state.

A second solution (personally think it should work together with the suggestion in the first paragraph) would be to make these tablets more common. This would be by making it a drop from the chambers of xeric itself. The drop rate would be around 1/10-1/15, similar to the ancient tablet. Deaths wouldn't effect as it is not a unique and you will only receive 1. A maximum of 1 can only be rolled per chest. Multiple can be received from the same raid, from different players, provided they roll on the table.

The entire reason I would guess these tablets were added in the first place was to combat "scouting" and make chambers a bit more enjoyable so your not scouting after every raid for 5 minutes to get a raid you prefer. Everyone hates this and is one of the main reasons people may dislike the chambers. Jagex also saw that this was an issue and decided to make the second raid a fixed pattern. The third raid, Tombs of Amascut, will also have no scouting. Scouting in general is a really shitty thing and the fact that this tablet doesn't combat that is a bit shit.

The tablet should have all the best layouts from fastest scout to the most points (double tightrope raids), if it doesn't already.

Edited by Jack Sparrow