Recent Nerfs & Updates

HRD

I agree with all of these points.

There are a lot of suggestions that do seem to be ignored at the moment and its rather off-putting as a player.

The snapegrass seeds were rather frustrating for me. I suggested them and they were implemented quite quickly (not sure if this was the back of my suggestion) but it felt almost pointless to implement since they're so damn rare. I don't really want to pay 3.5k per snapegrass, that's just outrageous.

Im personally a big fan of the system where u can choose between spending a large amount and getting to instantly get the secondarys, or farm them up and get them for cheap/free but with more time consumption. but i must agree that the more time consuming method shouldn't be this insanely different. I'm certain that this rate was unintended and have confidence that the team will change this soon to more fit the above mentioned balance between grind or pay.

Agreed with most. Although, I think Farming is perfectly fine now. You should NOT be expecting 150+ herbs per farm run lol, I saw that boost for a few days as a bonus after the unreasonable few days of low herbs from patches. Herb farming is exactly where it should be now. 

I'd just like to add that it's pretty unreasonable to make these massive changes while simultaneously running competitions for first to max. There's absolutely no way you should be taking away meta training methods when only a select few have been able to take advantage. I'm still unsure as to how people who abused the blast furnace didn't have their Smithing level reset. Anybody who rushed to load 5k ores into the Blast Furnace CLEARLY knew they were abusing a bug and had to get their 99 before it was patched lol.

3 minutes ago, SRS said:

Agreed with most. Although, I think Farming is perfectly fine now. You should NOT be expecting 150+ herbs per farm run lol, I saw that boost for a few days as a bonus after the unreasonable few days of low herbs from patches. Herb farming is exactly where it should be now. 

I'd just like to add that it's pretty unreasonable to make these massive changes while simultaneously running competitions for first to max. There's absolutely no way you should be taking away meta training methods when only a select few have been able to take advantage. I'm still unsure as to how people who abused the blast furnace didn't have their Smithing level reset. Anybody who rushed to load 5k ores into the Blast Furnace CLEARLY knew they were abusing a bug and had to get their 99 before it was patched lol.

I do think the minimum should be increased, couple of times i had 6 herbs from a ultracompost patch. heard others getting even less. this should be increased

The second point im unsure of, i've personally used blast furnace aswel. and while it was not how osrs did it. i can see it being mistaken for a rsps feature to be able to infinitely stack bars in there. so xp resetting might be a good idea, but i can kinda see where people were comming from using it.

And before you start flaming me, im 71 smithing.

9 minutes ago, Ironsky said:

I do think the minimum should be increased, couple of times i had 6 herbs from a ultracompost patch. heard others getting even less. this should be increased

The second point im unsure of, i've personally used blast furnace aswel. and while it was not how osrs did it. i can see it being mistaken for a rsps feature to be able to infinitely stack bars in there. so xp resetting might be a good idea, but i can kinda see where people were comming from using it.

And before you start flaming me, im 71 smithing.

Minimum yield with supercompost AND magic secateurs in OSRS is 5 herbs. Average yield per patch is something like 6.7. We're currently getting an average of at least 10 per patch, and that's without any flat % bonus from things like magic secateurs. The current yields are more than generous in my opinion. 

I would never flame you my friend, haha, and I'm not suggesting a complete reset of anybody's stats, and certainly not a person who only used the bugged furnace to level 71. But to not have any reprocusions to people who clearly dropped everything and RUSHED to get their 99 Smithing, knowing it was a bug, and knowing it would be patched QUICKLY, is pretty ridiculous. 

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic