Remove Gambling. All it causes is issues.

Tanks

3 hours ago, Snow Cone said:

no because then all the streamers will have 0 content since they all suck at pvm omfg

/thread 

Lmao if this isn't the most true thing someone has replied idk what it. 

18 hours ago, H A R R Y said:

How will the server get nearly as many donations to be able to afford: Advertisement, hosting costs, websites, developer salaries, etc, without gambling being a factor?

These things cost a lot of money, and the only reason the server can run is due to donations. I can arguably say that gambling increases the donations for the server by a percentage of at least 50% and most likely much higher. This suggestion will never be approved.

Are you serious? Are you running a gambling website or a osrs private server?

How about actually developing a better donator store thats more relevant to the ingame gameplay?

And this is about slightly decreasing the insane monopoly and making the odds even, you would still have the duel arena, where you can get 50/50 odds after a few hours of gameplay.  Which is where 90% of the current gamblers will be once dicing is removed.

Dumbest thing ive heard. 

1 hour ago, bateater34 said:

Are you serious? Are you running a gambling website or a osrs private server?

How about actually developing a better donator store thats more relevant to the ingame gameplay?

And this is about slightly decreasing the insane monopoly and making the odds even, you would still have the duel arena, where you can get 50/50 odds after a few hours of gameplay.  Which is where 90% of the current gamblers will be once dicing is removed.

Dumbest thing ive heard. 

Atleast you understand. Clearly they don't care.

10 hours ago, Khalil said:

When Jagex back in PRE- EOC time removed Flower Poker that was one of the shittiest updates they did before EOC. 

Gambling/seeds should stay. 

Yeah, don't want to stake where odds are even, or get taxed. I get it. Lmfao

10 hours ago, Khalil said:

When Jagex back in PRE- EOC time removed Flower Poker that was one of the shittiest updates they did before EOC. 

Gambling/seeds should stay. 

BTW. This is an OSRS based server not rs3/eoc. You kids seems to miss that fact lmfao. Gambling doesnt fit with osrs. 

• Owner
16 minutes ago, Tanks said:

BTW. This is an OSRS based server not rs3/eoc. You kids seems to miss that fact lmfao. Gambling doesnt fit with osrs. 

If you don't want to gamble, don't gamble.

I forgot no one goes to the duel arena on osrs.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, David said:

If you don't want to gamble, don't gamble.

I forgot no one goes to the duel arena on osrs.

"If you don't want to gamble, dont gamble" I haven't gambled once on this server. This isn't even about that, if you read a single word of the initial post you would know that. Its about the economy and server as a whole. It's just sad to see where this economy is going and how much power 5 or so individuals in Sohan's cc have over the economy all from odds gambling. I knew my suggestion would never happen, I just wanted to spice some stuff up and as you can see its gamblers vs real players in the comments. But, hey its your server do as you please bud. 

Kinda lame answer from David. I get it that he's getting something around 2k+ irl from gamblers, but it's still pretty sad that he prefers to see the server die out, the server he created, rather than kick gambling.

I mean, this server had the potential to grow even further, and have a much healthier economy and playerbase in the long term, potentially even getting more money because more players = more money.

But he prefered to choose gambling, which means less players, which means unhealthier in long term. In a couple weeks or months, the server will be mostly gamblers, and without players there will be no gambling too.

Aye and they will probably close this thread or try to shush us because we making too much noise already, but as you can see, the only not supporting people are either staff or gamblers themselves

Peace my guys, and try to be more humble David, wouldn't hurt you

30 minutes ago, nunex jr said:

Kinda lame answer from David. I get it that he's getting something around 2k+ irl from gamblers, but it's still pretty sad that he prefers to see the server die out, the server he created, rather than kick gambling.

I mean, this server had the potential to grow even further, and have a much healthier economy and playerbase in the long term, potentially even getting more money because more players = more money.

But he prefered to choose gambling, which means less players, which means unhealthier in long term. In a couple weeks or months, the server will be mostly gamblers, and without players there will be no gambling too.

Aye and they will probably close this thread or try to shush us because we making too much noise already, but as you can see, the only not supporting people are either staff or gamblers themselves

Peace my guys, and try to be more humble David, wouldn't hurt you

Facts.

I would say atleast 80% of money comes from gamblers donating IRL. Do you think David has enough funds to keep the server, running long term? Which is what you all want. 

Running servers has a huge cost, not to mention developers ect. I don't personally love gambling but I want to play the game, and keep it going for a while....

This shouldn't be up for discussion as without gambling Zaros doesn't exist., as David wouldn't have the funds to keep the server afloat. Even if he broke even he wouldn't keep it running as at the end of the day, it's a business and he wants to make money. 

Simple as that. 

There are other ways to enjoy the game, granted Gamblers can buy out the eco. But I think we need to balance that and maybe bring in some new, stable money making ways for players that don't gamble so we can actually buy the items. 

Edited by Diamond

⚒️Beta Tester⚒️

Yes, it causes a lot of trouble but the post I quoted below exactly tells why gambling is a thing on Zaros and basically every other Runescape Private Server.

On 1/7/2021 at 8:39 AM, H A R R Y said:

How will the server get nearly as many donations to be able to afford: Advertisement, hosting costs, websites, developer salaries, etc, without gambling being a factor?

These things cost a lot of money, and the only reason the server can run is due to donations. I can arguably say that gambling increases the donations for the server by a percentage of at least 50% and most likely much higher. This suggestion will never be approved.

1018bb8723498289ee8d40ad27f7c9a4.png 

Click my banner to check out my video's on Youtube! 🙂

1 hour ago, Diamond said:

I would say atleast 80% of money comes from gamblers donating IRL. Do you think David has enough funds to keep the server, running long term? Which is what you all want. 

Running servers has a huge cost, not to mention developers ect. I don't personally love gambling but I want to play the game, and keep it going for a while....

This shouldn't be up for discussion as without gambling Zaros doesn't exist., as David wouldn't have the funds to keep the server afloat. Even if he broke even he wouldn't keep it running as at the end of the day, it's a business and he wants to make money. 

Simple as that. 

There are other ways to enjoy the game, granted Gamblers can buy out the eco. But I think we need to balance that and maybe bring in some new, stable money making ways for players that don't gamble so we can actually buy the items. 

Wont be a future (long term) in a month when the only players playing are gamblers. Hence what I said in the initial post.

Tax

1 hour ago, Diamond said:

Simple as that. 

Taxed staking is a way for fair gambling and a money sink. It is 50/50 and no items are allowed. It's an easy fix tbh just these Sohan has David around his fingers lmao.