Last man standing activity

Jesse

Hello players,

Here's a suggestion that I think would make Last man standing more active than it currently is.

Suggestion introduction:

As some of you might know, Last man standing has been a dead minigame on Zaros for a good while now. The reason behind that is most likely lack of server-side advertisement and fairly bad rewards. Last man standing game currently starts only when a player starts advertising it on yell, which he apparently cannot do more often than once in three minutes. We need a proper yell info advertisement to remind players about the existence of Last man standing. Also adding consumable items to the store would keep the interest for regular/ironman to keep grinding.

What I think should be improved:

• Adding Last man standing wins to hiscores. This would motivate players to get their wins up in the minigame.

LMS advertisement:

• Server advertisement telling how many people there are in last man standing (this should appear on yell every 5 minutes ONLY, when there's atleast one player in).

Info: "There's currently x players in Last man standing, join by typing ::lms!"

This would also clean the "All come to ::LMS" yells out, which are now only way to promote the minigame.

LMS store:

• Add 'instance tokens' to the store for 5 points each. (Regular/Ironman)

Add 'Slayer task skip scrolls' to the store 5 points each. (Regular/Ironman)

• Edit 'Potion pack' so it would give you 10 super combat potions, keep the price at 5 points. (Regular)

• Nerf looting bag price to 5 points each.

• Nerf every Blighted sack prices to 3 points each, keep the stacks same.

If you got any good improvement ideas or suggestions, feel free to post on this thread and i'll add them below. 🙂

Good ideas from this thread:

On 2/7/2021 at 6:19 PM, Vanilla said:

Maybe daily events with LMS too?

Last man standing daily events would be really nice to have as well. I personally think there should be multiple events daily with smaller prizes/point amounts, instead of just one with bigger reward.

On 2/8/2021 at 3:49 PM, Iron Soraz said:

100% support this, LMS needs updated and would be good to have some events around it. Also feel there needs to be more randomized LMS game modes which would draw in more players. BR mode with updated loot would be a nice update.

I'm having mixed feelings about randomly changing the setups in LMS, only because that could cause players leaving the minigame. Some players would like to participate melee only matches, but then leave when it's time for NH match and vice versa. If this is being considered by the developers, they should make a vote system where you can vote in LMS lobby to choose the mode.

Edited by Jesse

I would camp LMS for instance tokens for sure. It is really annoying to get them as an ironman, and if you use the store for it they are so expensive it hurts... I wouldn't mind it being added for ironmen wildy keys loot aswell. Support.

70fd2775757473.5c5fb6e49bfd5.gif

Proud Co-Founder of the ice cc!

KP / King Purple / Purple

6 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

I’m unsure about the additional rewards but I support the better advertisement. That alone could help the mini game become more active. 

Maybe daily events with LMS too?

Yes, Last man standing events are needed for sure. Every four hours, 3x points for one game?

I personally think that consumable items that are important is the biggest thing to keep the game alive. I've done some research about the lms inactivity and the reason seems always be the same; bad rewards. 

Edited by Jesse

I don't think this will increase player rate at LMS. Most ironman play iron for pvm, therefore they lack Pvp skills, which results in getting 0 points. 
If there would be a way to get points even if you lose then there would be some more people joining in I think.

Realism GIM Group: Boeie

IGN: CuziiMusic

Feel free to PM! 🙂 

Interested in my music? Latest work in progress here!

Spoiler

Happy Grinding Scapers!

1 hour ago, CuziiMusic said:

I don't think this will increase player rate at LMS. Most ironman play iron for pvm, therefore they lack Pvp skills, which results in getting 0 points. 
If there would be a way to get points even if you lose then there would be some more people joining in I think.

There's alternative ways to obtain all of these items, so it wouldn't affect ironman negatively at all. LMS is a minigame that requires certain skills and I created this topic solely to make this minigame more active, this would literally not take anything away from anyone.

What comes to ironman, LMS is currently the only reasonable way to PVP, because blood money has no use and it doesn't require skilling or items.

About increasing player rate at LMS, i've done my research and all the players are complaining about the current rewards not being good enough, therefore important consumables (Instance tokens & Slayer task skip scrolls) would be important to add in the shop.

Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by Jesse

20 hours ago, Jesse said:

ye this is for real what we need some updates to ::lms because getting slayer skips is so annoying by ironman and other things u can get only by donating, and too these wilderness keys there no point of doing them while u get only 15 slayer points from key we really need some improvements for game so it wont die. 🙂

28 minutes ago, Jesse said:

There's alternative ways to obtain all of these items, so it wouldn't affect ironman negatively at all. LMS is a minigame that requires certain skills and I created this topic solely to make this minigame more active, this would literally not take anything away from anyone.

What comes to ironman, LMS is currently the only reasonable way to PVP, because blood money has no use and it doesn't require skilling or items.

About increasing player rate at LMS, i've done my research and all the players are complaining about the current rewards not being good enough, therefore important consumables (Instance tokens & Slayer task skip scrolls) would be important to add in the shop.

Thanks for your feedback!

Oh, I then I misunderstood your point. Then I'll support this one yes!

Realism GIM Group: Boeie

IGN: CuziiMusic

Feel free to PM! 🙂 

Interested in my music? Latest work in progress here!

Spoiler

Happy Grinding Scapers!

2 hours ago, Iron Soraz said:

100% support this, LMS needs updated and would be good to have some events around it. Also feel there needs to be more randomized LMS game modes which would draw in more players. BR mode with updated loot would be a nice update.

I'm having mixed feelings about randomly changing the setups in LMS, only because that could cause players leaving the minigame. Some players would like to participate melee only matches, but then leave when it's time for NH match and vice versa. If this is being considered by the developers, they should make a vote system where you can vote in LMS lobby to choose the mode.

Thanks for the great feedback!

Edited by Jesse

Not against making LMS more attractive and adding more relevant rewards for pvmers/ironmen on top of adding better advertisement for it might do the trick.

Having a daily LMS event is not something I personally agree with, rather save that for weekend events where more people are able to participate and give LMS all the attention during that time but other than that a good suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

My main issue with the minigame is that I am a PVM'mer at the core, and I am not into pking. I don't know if I speak for more PVMmers with the same issue but playing the minigame and just getting slaughtered gives you 0 points for playing. Its very frustrating to get a kill and for that reason, I have no need to play the minigame. I'm sure that bots/inactive players could flood LMS if everybody got points for just being there but it would revive the minigame, also, to combat that a player could for instance need to eat all their food or something to have taken part in the game to receive a point.

I'm no PK'er but seeing the player base dwindle due to having no clue when an event is is truly a shame.